I need regular pep talks. Since I work at home, that means I have to go find them, because when I give myself a pep talk, it doesn’t always work. Trust issues, clearly.
Sometimes I read books about inspiring subjects. Sometimes I go looking on the internet for uplifting stories. I find that without something funny or wise or encouraging every day, I slip into downer mode and it’s hard to do anything at all, much less make a painting.
Here are some places I go in no particular order:
- Imgur – puppies and kittens and the occasional red panda
- Ted Talks – Twenty awe-inspiring minutes of hope for humankind
- Writers Almanac – A poem a day for FREE!
- Brain Pickings – Great place to find inspiring reads
- Clients From Hell (I go here to remind myself what great clients I have)
- Other artist/art biz websites
Today’s wave portrait was inspired by the work of Drew Brophy, whose work I found on Maria Brophy’s blog. She’s inspiring in all kinds of ways from a business standpoint and Drew’s work is pure awesomeness.
I just drew a line and filled it in with lots of luscious colors. The sky reminds me of orange sherbet and the white cap looks like whipped cream. I think I must have to eat something.